:: Re: [DNG] How to turn off the firew…
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to turn off the firewall
On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 09:22 -1000, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> I use this to remove all rules:
>
> iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -t nat -F
> iptables -t mangle -F
> iptables -F
> iptables -X
>
> I can't speak for the provenance, but afterwards
> iptables -n -L, shows ACCEPT for INPUT, OUTPUT and FORWARD,
> with no other rules.
>

> --
> Joel Roth

I do similar. I purge any firewalls and use iptables exclusively.

Steve, one thing that's definitely important is for the host to have -P
FORWARD ACCEPT in order for the VM to receive traffic. This is of
course because it's acting as a bridge or switch between the default
gateway and the VM.

I second iptables-persistent. I feel more comfortable handling IPTABLES
than learning a firewall that's going to use IPTABLES (or nftables,
same thing pretty much) in the background.

Gabe