:: Re: [DNG] Assigning a specific subn…
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Assigning a specific subnet and address to a Devuan Beowulf Qemu guest
On Tue, 2021-02-16 at 07:55 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Thanks Ralph,
> I had left them both out, but putting them in didn't change
> thesymptom. I tried with only auto eth0, and that didn't change
> thesymptom either.
> Thanks,
> SteveT
> Steve Litt

Just want to throw this out there in case it helps even a bit.
I have a devuan vm running on a devuan host, I believe virt-manager
handled network setup for me, but in any case, below are the contents
of my /etc/network/interfaces files from both the host and the vm.
(notice on the host they have br0 config'd here instead of eth0, don't
know if you were referring to that file on the host or the VM.)
Host:
auto br0iface br0 inet dhcp    bridge-ports eth0

VM:# This file describes the network interfaces available on your
system# and how to activate them. For more information, see
interfaces(5).
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
# The loopback network interfaceauto loiface lo inet loopback
# The primary network interfaceallow-hotplug eth0iface eth0 inet dhcp

anyway, hope that helps.
Gabe