:: Re: [DNG] Synaptics Touchpad Fn+F9
Author: g4sra
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Synaptics Touchpad Fn+F9

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, February 5, 2021 11:12 AM, Florian Zieboll via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Am 4. Februar 2021 20:13:49 MEZ schrieb g4sra g4sra@???:

Thanks for that. This email client will not reply to the list. It considers to do so a security issue because of an authentication failure. If I post directly to the list then the message thread is lost.

I have tried something new.. it will allow me to CC, so I have done that replying directly to you, deleted the To, and promoted the CC, so if the message id has remained intact this may be a way around the problem.

> Perhaps someone has a hint on resetting the device, if you'd reveal its make and model?

Laptop make is mostly irrelevant as the hardware is self-contained as manufactured by Synaptics. I believe the communication is SMBus in this instance, I know of no way to interrogate the touchpad itself other than by what is reported using Synaptics drivers for Windows.

> Another idea out of thin air: Did you remove the CMOS battery - or does the notebook provide a button (or pins) to reset the bios password?

Yes, I did a thorough cold power-up.

> libre Grüße,
> Florian

I am looking for a 'Linux software' solution to this problem.
Currently grepping the kernel source to see if any giveaways in the DTB sources.