:: Re: [DNG] Disabling touchpad
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Disabling touchpad
On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 03:55:37PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> The attached touchtoggle.sh should fulfill your exact needs. Just
> associate it with a convenient hotkey.

Something worth noting is that it's reasonable to reference your stuff by
name. For instance, on my T420:

$ xinput | grep Synaptics
⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                id=11   [slave  pointer (2)]

Note that you *don't* have to parse out the ID. I can say, as an example:

    xinput disable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

...and it'll do the right thing, far more simply.

--
Mason Loring Bliss          mason@???          Ewige Blumenkraft!
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep; -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I