:: [DNG] Disabling touchpad
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Disabling touchpad
My touchpad is absurdly sensitive, and I keep brushing against it by accident.
I don't feel the touch at all, but the computer sure does.
It can hapen while I'm typing and suddenly my text edit turns into a
shell command in a newsly chosen window.
I suspect even a few beard hairs can activate it.

Now I usually use a wireless mouse on this computer though occasionally
the mouse fails (usually low battery) an then I do want the touchpad.

Is there any way to disable the touchpad normally, but to reactivate it
easily when the mouse fails?
(entering shell commands after ctl-alt-F2 would suffice; at that time I
wouldn't be able to click on anything in the UI.

-- hendrik