:: Re: [maemo-leste] D4 after leste up…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: tony, sre, nekit1000, mpartap, martin_rysavy, phone-devel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] D4 after leste update: rotated touchscreen
Hi,

On 08/12/2020 12:44, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

>>> Do you have idea what files to remove? That might be easiest. I'm not
>>> sure if I have usbnet, but I should be able to move sdcard to
>>> different machine and modify it there.
>>
>> Make sure that this directory is empty:
>>
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
>>
>> And check that these directories have their .leste and more importantly
>> their non- .leste files:
>>
>> # ls /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.leste
>> /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-ts.conf.leste
>> /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-omap.conf.leste
>>
>> That would be my first guess.
>
> Thanks for the help. I reflashed from the latest image, and things are
> back to the working order.

Good to know.

> I found default screen vibration way too annoying. I turned it
> off... after reboot, it seems to have helped. But it still clicks
> after touch, and I believe it "clicks" with the vibration motor.

There are "click" sounds for mouse click/touch and for keyboard key
press. You can change the vibration in Settings -> Display -> Touch
screen vibration, as you found out, and if you change to the silent
profile, you should no longer hear the clicks from the keyboard and mouse.

There should be a profile manager application in the Application
Manager, which you can use to edit each profile and turn off those sounds.

"Control Panel ProfilesX" is the name - install it and then go to:

Settings -> Control Panel ProfilesX -> General -> Edit -> Key Sounds -> Off
and do the same for "Touch screen sounds".

I think we have a less awkward program than "Control Panel ProfilesX"
now, which should also be available by default, but I don't remember, I
will dig into that and see.

Cheers,
Merlijn