:: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and pas…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and paste: was: problematic mouse driver?
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:35:30 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for these detailed explanations, though it's missing
> how the SECONDARY is used.

The way we use software on the GNU/Linux environment involve a lot of
bash. That has to be taken into account in the design of the
environment.

Pasting from the document I linked:

2.6.1.2. The SECONDARY Selection

The selection named by the atom SECONDARY is used:

* As the second argument to commands taking two arguments (for example,
"exchange primary and secondary selections")
* As a means of obtaining data when there is a primary selection and
the user does not want to disturb it

> AFAIR , Windows doesn't allow cut/paste across different
> applications. But I confess I didn't use this OS for decades.

You remember wrong.