:: Re: [DNG] Any parties interested in…
Author: g4sra
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Any parties interested in lxc ?
On 11/10/2020 02:52, Simon Walter wrote:
--snip--
> I use Qemu/KVM for Windows development.

I currently use Qemu/KVM for customising\slipstreaming Windows installation image, everything else Windows related I do in a VM is just playing.
Ever taken a look at ReactOS ?

> What is your use case for LXC?

Was to be OS installation image development for various legacy platforms that are no longer supported (since wheezy).
Once I had LXC functioning fully on my x68_64 workstation I was then going to clone the configuration over to an ARM platform to build images for Marvell Kirkwood (and Raspberry Pi for fun).

> Did you mention USB passthrough?

No, not got that far yet.
The unsurpassable stumbling block I have hit is related to lack of support for kernel interaction within a namespace, kernel <> userspace messaging fails and so does everything that depends on it.

> Depending on what your developing, you
> may want to have several targets including physical computers.

If there wasn't any physical computers and other people using them I wouldn't spend hours sat at one mucking with software ;).