:: Re: [DNG] Any parties interested in…
Author: g4sra
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Any parties interested in lxc ?
On 10/10/2020 21:47, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 2020-10-08 21:08, g4sra via Dng wrote:
>-- snip --
>>
>> Anybody enlighten me about the meaning of the phrase...
>>
>> 'The controller seems to be unused by "cgfsng" cgroup driver or not enabled on the cgroup hierarchy'
>
> Sorry for the late reply.

No problem. Real life comes first ;)

> How have you set up cgroups? Cgroups has changed and my old set up
> didn't work after upgrading from Jessie.

I eventually deciphered the issue, partial configuration of pam_cgfs.so in /etc/pam.d/common-session{,-noninteractive}

However I am finding shortfalls with cgroups and namespaces functionality, and Debian packaging with SystemD creep.
I am being drawn to the conclusion that LXC is not suitable for system containers (or developing systems - my intended use), and are best suited for pure Application daemons such as HTTP or DNS.
I am currently considering rebuilding a Qemu/KVM development environment....