:: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? E…
Author: Mark Rousell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..devuan to the rescue? Easiest possible newbie email server setup, ideas?
On 24/09/2020 20:07, Rick Moen wrote:

> DMARC can be made to be a non-issue. ;->
>
> :r! dig -t txt _dmarc.linuxmafia.com +short
> "DMARC: tragically misdesigned since 2012. Check our SPF RR, instead."

<chortle>

> Basically, in my experience, some operators may be assigning a _very small_
> spamicity score to 'rDNS exists but doesn't match': I cannot really
> tell.

It certainly matters to some extent. But you're right: It is not
(usually) just one thing that is an absolute yes/no issue. Matching
rDNS, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, good IP address history, TLS, use of IPv6 (and
of course not in blocklist and not in dynamic range), all count to
varying extents. The more you can do the better. Also, the larger your
non-spam, legitimate-content volume, the better your reputation (to the
extent that 'reputation' means anything).

--
Mark Rousell