:: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX host…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX hostility
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 09:53:14 +0200
"Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@???> wrote:

> Anno domini 2020 Wed, 16 Sep 02:11:57 -0400
> Steve Litt scripsit:

> > In addition, I don't see why Unix design isn't a good fit for modern
> > demands. Edward and Aitor have already made
> > do-one-thing-and-do-it-well graphical automounters that, as far as
> > I know, depend on neither systemd nor dbus. I once posted, on this
> > list, a thumb drive plugin detector/mounter, and somebody else on
> > the list improved on it.
>
> Sorry, I must have missed that. Do you have a link to the software?
>
> nik

No, sorry. Best way to find it is to search posts from Steve Litt
body-containing the string "inotify". Once you've found the right one,
look at that tree to find the improvement by the other DNG inhabitant,
whose name I've forgotten.

Please do me a favor if you find it, and repost it here. I apparently
have lost the software (probably a small shellscript).

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive