:: [DNG] Iceweasel-uxp from Hyperbola …
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Iceweasel-uxp from Hyperbola GNU/Linux
Hi all,

I'm packaging iceweasel-uxp developed by the people of Hyperbola:

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:project:iceweasel-uxp

Unlike previous versions of the unmaintained iceweasel, this web browser
is a re-branding of Basilisk
by Moonchild Productions (the same developers of Palemoon), built on the
Unified XUL Platform:

https://www.basilisk-browser.org/

The packages are available for amd64 so far:

https://www.gnuinos.org/iceweasel-uxp/

I've got the same issue with both Iceweasel-UXP and IceCat building them
for i386: "memory exhausted!",
but yesterday i tried coss-compiling the i386 tarball under amd64 and it
worked (don't waste time with pbuilder).
So, for this other architecture, the code of debian/rules will need some
workaround:

https://www.gnuinos.org/iceweasel-uxp/rules

Here you are a screenshot of the application:

https://www.gnuinos.org/iceweasel-uxp/screenshot.png

It has been built with the Gtk2 toolkit. On the other hand, alsa is enabled.

Iceweasel-UXP seems to be one of the packages that need lovin' in debian:

https://wnpp.debian.net/

Thanks to the people of Hyperbola for this great browser, because it's
really nice!

Cheers,

Aitor.