:: Re: [DNG] Iceweasel-uxp from Hyperb…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Iceweasel-uxp from Hyperbola GNU/Linux
Hi Stefan,

On 10/9/20 8:59, Stefan Krusche wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2020 schrieb aitor:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm packaging iceweasel-uxp developed by the people of Hyperbola:
>>
>> https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:project:iceweasel-uxp
>>
>> Unlike previous versions of the unmaintained iceweasel, this web
>> browser is a re-branding of Basilisk
>> by Moonchild Productions (the same developers of Palemoon), built on
>> the Unified XUL Platform:
>>
>> https://www.basilisk-browser.org/
> Can anyone tell, what the most significant differences in comparison
> with the palemoon browser are?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Stefan

There is a thread in the forum of Palemoon dedicated to the differences
between palemoon and basilisk:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=20515

I wonder why the developers of hyperbola chose basilisk instead of
palemoon, but the reason might be related with the addons,
given that iceweasel-uxp aims to be free.

Aitor.