:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
On 2020-09-05 01:34, golinux@??? wrote:

> I'll try to get the content on the drive archived over the weekend and
> ready for long-term storage.

A bit of a followup . . . first I deleted all the files in lost+found
and the drive didn't explode. Then deleted some files in the remaining
directories and finally copied many GB of new data. It took quite a long
time and required babysitting so a bit of a pain. Finally, I ran the
SMART short test and no errors were reported. I compared the current
SMART data with the one taken after the fsck and only the poweron and
hours running etc. had changed. So it looks like the drive is working
normally again.

Keeping track of all this is taking way to much brainspace . . .

Again, thanks to all.

golinux