:: [DNG] Your recent Beowulf 3.00 rele…
Author: Alberto Pereira
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Your recent Beowulf 3.00 release
A little after its release I downloaded both the Desktop Live (Xfce) and
the Desktop DVD version (4 GB). I had never used Devuan before, but having
used Debian and seeing that it takes some time to boot I decided to try
this fork system.

The Desktop Live worked flawlessly and I liked it a lot, though I regret
that it didn't recognize my Broadcom BMC4360 card and consequently wifi did
not function. However I don't consider this to be a major inconvenience.
Things turned out to be a little different with the DVD version
regrettably: I installed the KDE and MATE desktops together and the
following happened. When using the MATE desktop, internet via Ethernet
was not available. Then I tried KDE and Ethernet was recognized ok, but
there was no sound at all (with MATE sound presented no problem). This was
the second time I used this DVD version and I have to say that on the first
occasion I also experienced some kind of trouble with it; unfortunately I
can't remember now what it was. I ended up deleting the file.
The purpose of this note is simply reporting my experience (I forgot to
mention that I verified the downloads as it is suggested). It is sad for
me what happened with the DVD version because -as I mentioned before- I
like this system much and will be following its development.
Regards.

Alberto