:: Re: [DNG] Upgrade problem [ ascii -…
Author: Alexander Bochmann
To: Andrew McGlashan via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Upgrade problem [ ascii -> beowulf ] failed to boot, left at initramfs shell -- with fix and query
Hi,

...on Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 02:00:38AM +1000, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:

> After the dist-upgrade, it failed to boot and remained at the ministrants shell environment after having complained about not being able to find the /usr file system via it's UUID.

I have a system mostly like this (minus mdraid) with split root and /usr
on lvm each, and didn't run into your problem.

My fstab uses /dev/mapper device names instead of UUIDs, but I don't see
why that should make a difference, seeing as it isn't used in the initramfs.

(On the other hand, I usually use UUIDs too, so there might be a reason it
looks that way, and I just don't remember about it right now...)

Alex.