:: Re: [DNG] Your recent Beowulf 3.00 …
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Your recent Beowulf 3.00 release
On Wednesday 08 July 2020 at 01:05:35, Alberto Pereira via Dng wrote:

> Things turned out to be a little different with the DVD version
> regrettably: I installed the KDE and MATE desktops together and the
> following happened. When using the MATE desktop, internet via Ethernet
> was not available. Then I tried KDE and Ethernet was recognized ok, but
> there was no sound at all (with MATE sound presented no problem).

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with Devuan, and thank
you for reporting the problems to us.

One thing which would be helpful in order to investigate this further would be
to know more about the hardware you were installing it on; obviously I'm
specifically asking about the ethernet and sound chipsets.

Please could you let us know:

a) the output of lspci and/or lsusb as it applies to these interfaces

b) for the Mate setup, what modules does lsmod tell you have been loaded for
the sound card

c) for the KDE setup, what modeules does lsmod tell you have been loaded for
the ethernet interface?

Any similar related information you can give us would probably be helpful.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"The problem with television is that the people must sit and keep their eyes
glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it."

- New York Times, following a demonstration at the 1939 World's Fair.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.