:: Re: [DNG] Orange Pi Zero/Orange Pi …
Author: richard lucassen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Orange Pi Zero/Orange Pi PC
On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 03:50:54 +0100
tuxd3v@??? wrote:

> > As I need to apply a power cycle I suppose it is not a software
> > issue (is that right?). I'm just trying the Ascii image to see what
> > will happen, but I'm not very hopefull.
> >
> > Has anyone seen such issues with these boards?
>
> problems with rtc clock are not uncommon, the need for a power
> cycle, seems to be..
>
> This discrepancies, in the date, .. how many days it takes to
> happen, does you have any Idea?
> does the Boards are properly powerup?I mean suficient levels of
> Voltage/Current..
>
> Try to update the date with something like 'ntpdate ntp_server_ip'
> And see is that helps, if yes then you can run it via a cronjob,
> from time to time..

No, even cronjobs do not work or give segmentation fault. It must be
the hardware. There must be a batch with these issues, I'm not the only
one BTW. I wonder if it has got something to do with the wifi chip. A
crash occurs earlier if you load the kernel module.

> For beowulf only orangepi_zero_plus2 image is available..
>
> Try to install the Devuan ascii image:
> https://mirror.leaseweb.com/devuan/devuan_ascii/embedded/README.txt

The ASCII image is ok, but I updated this image to Beowulf and I used
Armbian kernel with it. But I fear it will crash again. Anyway, I just
got some Rasberry Pi Zero-W now and I think I will stay with these
boards. Remember I have also Orange Pi PC, different CPU, suffering
from the same issues.

R.

--
richard lucassen