:: [DNG] Small issues after upgrading …
Author: David Kuehling
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Small issues after upgrading to Beowulf
Hi,

in March I upgraded from Devuan Ascii to Beowulf, using the
documentation provided here:

https://beta.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/upgrade-to-beowulf

Only three small problems popped up since that time:

1) During upgrade:
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/uim-data_1%3a1.8.8-4+deb10u2_a ll.deb
(--unpack):
subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
/var/cache/apt/archives/uim-data_1%3a1.8.8-4+deb10u2_all.deb

This was maybe an original Debian problem and has nothing to do with
Devuan. Worked around this by patching the pre-removal script in
/var/lib/dpkg/info, followed by 'apt-get -f install'

2) After the upgrade, pulseaudio was no longer auto-starting when
logging into XFCE. Starting it from a terminal while logged in fixed
the problem for the ongoing session. Eventually after finding this
[1] I permanently fixed the issue by uncommenting autospawn=no in
/etc/pulse/client.conf.d/00-disable-autospawn.conf .

3) Nowadays I have some conflict between installed packages surrounding
consolekit. E.g. attempting to install "ktouch" will cause a conflict
where it wants to remove consolekit and replace
libpolkit-*-consolekit-1-0 with libpolkit-*-elgoind-1-0. Is that an
acceptible conflict resolution or are I going to damage something in
my installation?

cheers,

David

[1] https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=2301