:: Re: [DNG] Small issues after upgrad…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: David Kuehling
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Small issues after upgrading to Beowulf
David,

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 08:06:06AM +0200, David Kuehling via Dng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in March I upgraded from Devuan Ascii to Beowulf, using the
> documentation provided here:
>
> https://beta.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/upgrade-to-beowulf
>
> Only three small problems popped up since that time:
>
> 1) During upgrade:
>   dpkg: error processing archive
>   /var/cache/apt/archives/uim-data_1%3a1.8.8-4+deb10u2_a ll.deb
>   (--unpack):
>   subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
>   Errors were encountered while processing:
>    /var/cache/apt/archives/uim-data_1%3a1.8.8-4+deb10u2_all.deb
>   E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

> This was maybe an original Debian problem and has nothing to do with
> Devuan. Worked around this by patching the pre-removal script in
> /var/lib/dpkg/info, followed by 'apt-get -f install'

Yes, please report that to Debian BTS

> 2) After the upgrade, pulseaudio was no longer auto-starting when
> logging into XFCE. Starting it from a terminal while logged in fixed
> the problem for the ongoing session. Eventually after finding this
> [1] I permanently fixed the issue by uncommenting autospawn=no in
> /etc/pulse/client.conf.d/00-disable-autospawn.conf .

This is a known issue and is documented in the Release Notes[1]

> 3) Nowadays I have some conflict between installed packages surrounding
> consolekit. E.g. attempting to install "ktouch" will cause a conflict
> where it wants to remove consolekit and replace
> libpolkit-*-consolekit-1-0 with libpolkit-*-elgoind-1-0. Is that an
> acceptible conflict resolution or are I going to damage something in
> my installation?

ktouch looks as if it requires an elogind based system. Changing over is fine so
long as you ensure you do it completely and don't have a mixture of consolekit
and elogind.

I suggest you specify 'apt install ktouch libpam-elogind policykit-1' to help
apt find the right solution.

Once you have done that you will need to log out and back in again.

Mark

[1] https://files.devuan.org/devuan_beowulf/Release_notes.txt