:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
Le 21/05/2020 à 02:05, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Rick Moen via Dng<dng@???> wrote:
>
>> conspiracy hypothesis.
> Conspiracies happen. Not every event is brought forth by a single
> person. I remember a time when scads of us Linux enthusiasts conspired
> to depose Microsoft. "Conspiracy theory" is not an insult, regardless
> of how people use the phrase.

    I bet conspiracies happen all the time. Many people spend time
conspiring. But very few conspirations succeed or even have a little
effect. But it isn't the case here.

    When a company takes action to increase its share of the market
and/or its cash flow, we normally do not call that a conspiration. It is
legitimate to write about it and discuss the actions it takes.
Discussing the effect and the cause of these actions does not mean we
consider it a conspiracy. One of the characters of a conspiracy is to be
secret. In the case of RedHat, it isn't, they have stated it publicly.

    Didier