:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
Mon, 18 May 2020 08:57:39 -0700 - Ian Zimmerman <itz@???>:

> On 2020-05-18 16:42, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
> > In particular by porting Window$ on top of Systemd-Gnu-Linux, just
> > like MacOS lives on top of FreeBSD and makes big profit.
>
> How would that work from the legal POV? Linux is still GPL, pretty much
> for this very reason.

and herein lies the original sin...

the GPL (which is not one license but a set of licenses) has three main flaws:

- the LGPL license, which has allowed GNU/Linux environmental pollution over
time

- the lack of a non-commercial mandatory clause in the GPLs

- the mistake of confusing 4 simple legal rights with freedom (which is
something much broader I think), leading people to remain confined within
technical, legal and - above all - economic aspects

just my humble opinion

Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key
ID:           4096 bit RSA key F94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23