:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
On Mon, 18 May 2020 08:57:39 -0700
Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> wrote:

> On 2020-05-18 16:42, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
> > In particular by porting Window$ on top of Systemd-Gnu-Linux, just
> > like MacOS lives on top of FreeBSD and makes big profit.
>
> How would that work from the legal POV? Linux is still GPL, pretty
> much for this very reason.
>
> I do believe that systemd was meant to be more than init from the
> start, but I'm not going as far as Didier.

I am. I eschew Occam's Razor in favor of Litt's Razor, which can be
paraphrased "Follow the money."

As one piece of evidence I present the words of a Redhat exec long
before systemd existed:

http://asay.blogspot.com/2006/10/interview-with-red-hat-cto-brian.html

Search the word "complexity" to get right to the piece of evidence that
Redhat profits from complexifying Linux.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist