:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: tony, sre, nekit1000, mpartap, martin_rysavy, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi!

> >> 1) I can prepare new version of unicsy_demo.
> >
> > 0.5.1.
> >
> >> 3) I can prepare patched kernel for droid 4, based on 5.7-rc. It will use latest Tony's
> >> patches, where available, and my/Tony's old hacks where not. Goal: enough support for
> >> calls/SMS/data.
> >
> >> 4) I will publish patched ofono, suitable for kernel from step 3.
> >

> >> 6) I'd like you to package 3), 4) and 5) for Leste.
>
> Kernel (3) is now in place for -devel repo.

Thank you! My kernels are eating energy like crazy, with cpu at 76C
when idle... I hope your kernel config does a bit better.

> ofono (4) is currently Tony's, and I'll hold off a little while to see
> if it's possible to get a version with sim manager and network from
> qmimodem - since that would really help Leste UI parts.

I'll take a look, but I had a bit busy weekend. With my ofono version,
calls + SMSes should work... you may want to try calls,
too. unicsy_demo has setup for the mixers.

> For unicsy_demo (5), do you have a branch you want me to build?

If you could take version 0.5.1 -- it should be tagged as so. I did
some tiny updates since that, but not enough for new version for now.

> This is the current one I have: https://github.com/maemo-leste/unicsy_demo/

Not sure what I should do with that; let me know if I should somehow
merge your changes.

Best regards,
                                    Pavel