:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, maemo-leste, nekit1000, mpartap, sre, martin_rysavy
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200514 15:22]:
> Hi!
>
> > I can connect to the network, enter pin code, get sim card status, etc.
> > I still don't seem to get ofono notifications (like signal strength) on
> > time at all, though. If I wait for a few minutes, and then run the
> > send-sms script, I get a load of ofono signal strength updates, all at
> > once. Those are probably being queued up somewhere and not received
> > (note the timestamps):
> >
> > > signal time=1589454570.078843 sender=:1.35 -> destination=(null destination) serial=169 path=/motmdm_0; interface=org.ofono.NetworkRegistration; member=PropertyChanged
> > >    string "Strength"
> > >    variant       byte 40
> > > signal time=1589454570.100084 sender=:1.35 -> destination=(null destination) serial=170 path=/motmdm_0; interface=org.ofono.NetworkRegistration; member=PropertyChanged
> > >    string "Strength"
> > >    variant       byte 60
> > > signal time=1589454570.102769 sender=:1.35 -> destination=(null destination) serial=171 path=/motmdm_0; interface=org.ofono.NetworkRegistration; member=PropertyChanged
> > >    string "Strength"
> > >    variant       byte 40
> > > signal time=1589454570.104143 sender=:1.35 -> destination=(null destination) serial=172 path=/motmdm_0; interface=org.ofono.NetworkRegistration; member=PropertyChanged
> > >    string "Strength"
> > >    variant       byte 60

> > Pavel, are you seeing this on your ofono fork/branch too?
>
> No, I believe I have the basics working. (But disable the PIN code for
> testing.)

In the ofono branch I pushed out, all the signal handling and sim card
stuff is handled by the qmimodem code. Seems like those notifications
too are hardwired to the motorolamodem serial port also, and at least
a notification handler would be needed for motorolamodem to pass the
handling to the qmimodem like I added for incoming sms.

Seems like Pavel has the signal stuff mostly parsed already, so there's
probably no need to even pass it to the qmimodem eventually :)

> > I will add this ofono to the -devel repo today, since it's easy to build
> > for me. Happy to try to build Pavel's ofono too, if you think the repos
> > diverge significantly (it's not quite clear to me at this point).

Yeah that should allow you to work on the GUI stuff for basic features
and then Pavel and I can continue working on getting more complete
motorolamodem support in place.

> They are now significantly different.
>
> If you want something working, take one of the branches I mentioned before.
>
> If you want to look at the code, take a look at the latest
> branch... and that one is also suitable base for development.

Pavel care to try to boil the motchat and motorolamodem stuff
into minimal changes now that you have it working? Then I'll
try to flip over to using it :)

Regards,

Tony