:: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Tony Lindgren, Pavel Machek
CC: sre, nekit1000, mpartap, martin_rysavy, maemo-leste, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Arthur D.
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
Hi,

On 10/05/2020 17:32, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200510 15:15]:
>> Now, I see you want to be similar to Maemo (and it makes some sense)
>> but I'd really like to see different design, one that treats SMSes as
>> emails (not like instant messages), so I could read them using mutt and
>> use imap protocol to access them remotely. I'd like to store my
>> contacts in plain text (version controlled in git), not in binary
>> databases.

How would you access them remotely? Would you push them somewhere using
imap sync?

osso-abook and/or telepathy database formats should be pretty open /
simple, so it might not be very hard to write tooling to synchronise
both ways - for contacts (db <-> plain text + git) and for sms <-> maildir.

Cheers,
Merljin