:: Re: [maemo-leste] SMSes in mbox was…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, sre, nekit1000, mpartap, martin_rysavy, maemo-leste, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Arthur D.
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] SMSes in mbox was Re: Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for Motorola Droid 4)
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200510 16:14]:
> So I believe it makes sense to do it ofono directly (thus in C): if
> ofono dies for some reason, SMS will still come, but there will be
> noone to acknowledge it, so it will be delivered again after reboot.

Yes having ofono directly write to Mailbox or mbox would be ideal.

And yes, I agree the current assumptions in ofono to for using dbus
for delivery is flakey. Also, the ofono assumption of modem flash
queueing the incoming sms is flakey for firmware updates at least.

> I even started coding it...

OK way to go then :) Let's do that. I'll do only the smtp to sms
ofono c program then unless you have something for that already.

Regards,

Tony