:: Re: [devuan-dev] Mouse doesn't work…
Author: sea7kenp
To: devuan-dev@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Mouse doesn't work: Not an MTP Device
Thank you to both responders.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:31 PM, Plasma <davidpaul@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:23:18 +0000
> sea7kenp@??? wrote:
>
> > So as to understand Init Systems in general, especially non-SystemD
> > ones, I am on Devuan. (I use Buster for the SystemD Perspective).
> > But I encountered a problem, when a USB Mouse on my HP Pavilion Tower
> > went on the Fritz and had to be replaced. The sequence of events,
> > occurring when I unplug and replug this Mouse can be found in the
> > attached mouse_mtp_error.txt file, but the relevant parts of two
> > lines are as follows (approx: I don't type that well):
> > mtp-probe : checking bus 3, device
> > 3, /sys/devices/pco0000:00...etc... :-) mtp-probe bus:3, device: 3
> > was not an MTP Device
> > Now, this has been going on for a few weeks, and I have alternated
> > between tearing my hair out, and using this as a Text-Based Server.
> > Any insights?
> > Thank you and best regards,
> > Kenneth Parker
>
> Kenneth,
>
> This sounds to me like a hardware problem.
>
> First, where on the filesystem did the log file you attached come from?
> The USB IDs listed in the log have nothing to do with a mouse, but
> rather correspond to a Logitech K120 keyboard. Is there a difference in
> output resulting from running `lsusb` with the mouse plugged in versus
> unplugged? Have you tried using a different mouse?

Yes. In response to the other Response, I also tried multiple USB Ports. *BUT* This is why I created an Account here to post, where the problem occurs: This is one Partition in a Hard Drive. I can boot up another Partition, with Debian 8 (Jessie) and the Mouse (Current, and the "other", which had been "borrowed" from another system) worked fine! Older system, and it works. Devuan Ascii, with Apt-Get up to date fails. And then, I tried Booting a Debian Buster Gnome Live DVD, and the Mouse works there).

Now, as a Computer Consultant and Troubleshooter, I have gone elsewhere with these questions. One hit on MTP-Probe incorrectly thinking a USB Mouse is an Android Phone, was for a Raspberry Pi. That suggested that the Kernel Level doesn't recognize my Mouse.

> Plasma

Again, thanks. If I find the answer myself, I'll post it here.

Kenneth Parker