:: Re: [devuan-dev] Mouse doesn't work…
Author: Plasma
To: sea7kenp
CC: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Mouse doesn't work: Not an MTP Device
On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:23:18 +0000
sea7kenp@??? wrote:

> So as to understand Init Systems in general, especially non-SystemD
> ones, I am on Devuan. (I use Buster for the SystemD Perspective).
> But I encountered a problem, when a USB Mouse on my HP Pavilion Tower
> went on the Fritz and had to be replaced. The sequence of events,
> occurring when I unplug and replug this Mouse can be found in the
> attached mouse_mtp_error.txt file, but the relevant parts of two
> lines are as follows (approx: I don't type that well):
>
> mtp-probe : checking bus 3, device
> 3, /sys/devices/pco0000:00...etc... :-) mtp-probe bus:3, device: 3
> was not an MTP Device
>
> Now, this has been going on for a few weeks, and I have alternated
> between tearing my hair out, and using this as a Text-Based Server.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Thank you and best regards,
>
> Kenneth Parker

Kenneth,

This sounds to me like a hardware problem.

First, where on the filesystem did the log file you attached come from?
The USB IDs listed in the log have nothing to do with a mouse, but
rather correspond to a Logitech K120 keyboard. Is there a difference in
output resulting from running `lsusb` with the mouse plugged in versus
unplugged? Have you tried using a different mouse?
--
Plasma