:: Re: [DNG] ibus
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ibus
On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:12:42 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:59:41 +0100
> "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@???> wrote:
>
> > Anno domini 2020 Tue, 17 Mar 10:27:11 +0100
> > Didier Kryn scripsit:
>
> > >     There's now a fashion of doing all innovations in a
> > > complicated way. It seems developpers have become unable to think
> > > simple. This is terribly disapointing.
> > >
> > >         Didier
> >
> > Oh my, that pestilence still has not died? I rember ages ago I was
> > tempted to use it as an "easy" way to inject mouse+keyboard events
> > from userspace program into X11. Turned out, it was an
> > overcomplicated way to solve a problem that "xdotool" has solved
> > already.
>
> Thanks for telling me about xdotool. What a cool program!
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb

oh yeah, xdotool is great. I have used it together in a script, in
combination with dmenu and pass to allow me to lookup a password in my
password store and auto-type it anywhere at the press of a macro. huge
timesaver and very reliable.

https://www.passwordstore.org/
https://tools.suckless.org/dmenu/

/ Symptom: Feet cold and wet, glass       \

| empty. Fault: Glass being held at       |
| incorrect angle. Action Required: Turn  |
| glass other way up so that open end     |
| points                                  |
| toward ceiling.                         |
| Symptom: Feet warm and wet. Fault:      |
| Improper bladder control. Action        |
| Required: Go stand next to nearest dog. |
| After a while complain                  |
| to the owner about its lack of house    |
| training and                            |
| demand a beer as compensation.          |

\ -- Bar Troubleshooting                  /
\
 \
   /\   /\