:: Re: [DNG] ibus
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Simon Walter
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ibus

Simon Walter writes:

> On 3/18/20 7:12 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:59:41 +0100
>> "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@???> wrote:
>>> Anno domini 2020 Tue, 17 Mar 10:27:11 +0100
>>>   Didier Kryn scripsit:

> If you know of a simpler way of inputting CJK characters, I would be
> very happy to hear about it.

Same here :-) but I'm currently using fcitx with mozc for Japanese. I
initially started out on whatever came with mule, MULtilingual Emacs,
way back in the 20th century ;-) I've used a couple of IMEs (wnn, anthy,
prime) in between with different IMs (xim, uim) but I really want
something that works the same way on all of my applications. In that
respect, fcitx comes pretty close (using Xfce).

> I am not sure why "a video-conferencing app" needs it though.

Writing meeting minutes and chat, perhaps?

Hope this helps,