:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ma…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Mar. 19, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, March 19th, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Mar. 19, 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/+YZ5ZtnSAWeRvD-puVW3AA/YvWEkoIYh5kr83t3P9VvKtNA/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: LeePen, golinux, rrq, plasma41, fsr, RickMoen, CenturionDan!

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### fsmithred
- betas:
nano
beowulf-updates in sources.list
"Debian" in boot menu should have an explanation in the release notes.
hostname

### LeePen
- Started updating forked packages in ceres.
Done: elogind, policykit-1 and xfce4-session.

- There is a jenkins exception in util-linux-source:
https://jenkins.devuan.dev/job/util-linux-source/106/console

Seems git plugin related. I could just upgrade the plugin? Any other
ideas?

- udisks2 arm* builds are also failing:
https://jenkins.devuan.dev/job/udisks2-binaries

- Are we still happy to revert /etc/os-release to ID=devuan and fix
problems elsewhere?

- Plan to enable britney control of migrations from ceres to chimaera.

- Old debbugs is still sending out summary emails (thanks fsmithred for
pointing this out). crontab on fulcanelli needs disabling. Have
emailed Centurion_Dan.

### plasma41
- I've been digging through the scripts and documentation of the
debian-cd and debootstrap packages to try to figure out what needs to
be changed in the installer ISO generation process in order to be able
to use the netinst disc to create a minimum Devuan install offline.
This is possible with the ASCII release and is possible with Debian
netinst ISOs.

Relevant links I've uncovered:
https://wiki.debian.org/BusterPriorityRequalification#Appendix_a_-_complete_list_of_packages_in_.27minbase.27:
/usr/share/debian-cd/tools/generate_di+k_list
/usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/ceres starting on line 18
/usr/share/debootstrap/functions starting on line 916

- Now that dak is working (it is working, right?), can we move the
packages built from src:util-linux out of ceres and into beowulf.
The ~beowulf2 suffix on the version for the current beowulf util-linux
packages are a work-around to a problem that has since been resolved.
I'd like to see those suffixes gone, if it's not too much trouble.

  - (LeePen) I don't think we can. The ceres versions (without the
    ~beowulfN suffix) have binary dependencies not satisfiable in
    beowulf. That is why they had to be rebuilt rather than migrated.

    The specific issue is with the src:util-linux udebs in ceres which
    depend on libc6-udeb (>= 2.29). libc6 in beowulf is 2.28.

    If we keep closer sync with debian in the bullseye/chimaera cycle we
    should be able to avoid it in the future.

- To fsr & rrq: Did y'all get the release notes patches I sent?
- (gl) Yes, but nothing was done with them yet afaik

- Does the netinst support EFI boot?
- Tested after the meeting and the answer is yes.

- Now that the Beowulf beta is out, would now be a good time to pick a
name for the 'D' release? I have a suggestion.
I suggest Minor Planet #1864: Daedalus.
- (gl) Congrats plasma!

### kramer
- sorry for my absence - Germany is freaking out
- terraforming VMs
- using resources of my employer
- work on non-persistent provisioning of those VMs
- mostly done
- backend is currently openstack
- going to reachout tuxdev regarding the arm-sdk
- automatic testing stuff:
- setup openQA instance and 4 workers
- need some help on so nobody needs to test e.g a installer manually

## New Actions
- (gl) Please check beta.devuan.org for errors.

- (rrq) include more packages (= debootstrap minbase) in the
netinstall pool

- (LeePen) and (golinux) test merge of beta website to master.

- parazyd will help to reactivate #devuan-es!!