:: Re: [DNG] kernel instability 4.9.0-…
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] kernel instability 4.9.0-12 with latest update
I've had problems with my machine freezing as well, same symptoms, ever
since upgrading to beowulf. The issue for me seems to happen when I run
a cpu/ram heavy program, specifically a cpu cryptominer. I've had it
happen a number of times, always when mining with max 2 cores, but
haven't dedicated the time to report it properly. I did look through
various logs in /var/logs but I didn't see anything seemed relevant to
the problem.

I'll try to reproduce it today and send any relevant logs.

What logs specifically would be relevant to this issue?

Something relevant to the spectre/meltdown mitigations, I have
multithreading turned off in the bios and have had since the vuln's
were revealed.

Also, 64 bit intel cpu here as well.