:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera s…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek, maemo-leste
New-Topics: [maemo-leste] N900 camera support was Re: Droid 4, camera support, notifications
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera support, notifications
Hi Pavel,

On 02/03/2020 12:54, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi, Merlijn!
>
> I watched your talks... nice and interesting, thanks.
>
> Few comments.
>
> You have demo where you display sms notification. I had it working at
> some point, but I can not find it now. I expect some kind of dbus-send
> can be used, if you could share it, it would be interesting.

I believe you will find such a notification example here:

https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-leste-fifth-update-september-october-2018.html

It's not exactly like the SMS notification, as clicking it won't bring
you anywhere, I think.

> Camera support may not be as simple as you think; getting blurry
> useless pictures is easy, getting reasonable pictures is pretty hard.
> I actually did whole talk about that
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6zuK2OOVU .

Understood, and yeah, that's certainly true. Right now, I will be happy
without camera support for a while, if the other parts start to work.

> Are there useful images for Droid 4 somewhere? Preferably one for
> safestrap? I found out that my hacked ofono no longer works with new
> kernels, maybe due to differences in cr/lf handling.

You can find images here:

https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/droid4/

But they have various issues, outlined here:

https://github.com/maemo-leste/bugtracker/issues/302

We are hoping to make new images soon, maybe with 3D working, even. But
you might not want to wait for that.

> Plus, do we have some melodies (under reasonable license) that would
> be suitable for ringtones, sms tones etc?

I don't really know. I personally would worry about finding the right
melodies/ringtones only after stuff works. I think Maemo Leste can use
the ones provided by Fremantle, as long as they as hosted on maemo.org.
But I'm happy with other ringtones. I'm sure maemo.org has community
contributed tones too.

Cheers,
Merlijn