:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera s…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera support, notifications
Hi!

> > You have demo where you display sms notification. I had it working at
> > some point, but I can not find it now. I expect some kind of dbus-send
> > can be used, if you could share it, it would be interesting.
>
> I believe you will find such a notification example here:
>
> https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-leste-fifth-update-september-october-2018.html
>
> It's not exactly like the SMS notification, as clicking it won't bring
> you anywhere, I think.

Thanks a lot for the pointer. This one works (on both desktop and Maemo):

#python2
import dbus
bus = dbus.SessionBus()
proxy = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Notifications', '/org/freedesktop/Notifications')
interface = dbus.Interface(proxy,dbus_interface='org.freedesktop.Notifications')
interface.Notify('Notification', 0, 'control_bluetooth_paired', 'Testing 123', 'Hello World', [], {}, 0)

I tried getting sound to work, using stuff such as:

hints = {}
hints["sound-name"] = "phone-incoming-call"
hints["sound-file"] = "file:///usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pygame/examples/data/boom.wav"
hints["icon-path"] = "file:///usr/share/icons/freedoom1.png"
interface.Notify('Notification', 2, 'device', 'Testing 123', 'Hello World', [], dbus.Dictionary(hints, signature='sv'), 0)

...but I did not have any success. I'm not sure 'hints' are
passed correctly.

I can get very short click using

interface.SystemNoteDialog("Hello", 0, "ok")

(but that only works on Maemo and is not really suitable for SMS).

> You can find images here:
>
> https://maedevu.maemo.org/images/droid4/
>
> But they have various issues, outlined here:
>
> https://github.com/maemo-leste/bugtracker/issues/302
>
> We are hoping to make new images soon, maybe with 3D working, even. But
> you might not want to wait for that.

If you get 3D to work, can I ask for an announcement? :-)

> > Plus, do we have some melodies (under reasonable license) that would
> > be suitable for ringtones, sms tones etc?
>
> I don't really know. I personally would worry about finding the right
> melodies/ringtones only after stuff works. I think Maemo Leste can use
> the ones provided by Fremantle, as long as they as hosted on maemo.org.
> But I'm happy with other ringtones. I'm sure maemo.org has community
> contributed tones too.

Would you have pointers to some kind of melodies I could use? So far
I'm using

https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/tree/master/tones

and looking for something better.

Best regards,