:: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf…
Author: 'smee
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf please test and report issues with eudev-3.2.9-2 from unstable!
Hello again,

I'm pretty sure this one can be closed.

I ran another test on another laptop and basically, after upgrading to
Beowulf, and confirming that firmware-misc/linux-nonfree were both
installed and seemingly in good shape, and not mucking around with
anything else, I ran update-initramfs (this is with eudev/libeudev1
version 3.2.7-6, the old one) and it produced a list of missing
firmware, albeit a shorter one than I got on my other machine becuase
this is a different model.

Next I updated eudev and libeudev to 3.2.9-2, ran update-initramfs
again, and got the same exact output.

I also ran it in verbose mode and confirmed it does include a bunch of
intel, amd, and various other nonfree code like my other machine. I've
got all that output if you want to see it for any reason.

So, being that the same messages appeared after the Beowulf upgrade,
but PRIOR to upgrading eudev/libeudev1, as appeared AFTER upgrading
eudev/libeudev to the unstable 3.2.9-2, it doesn't appear to be related
to eudev or libeudev.

I assume that all my mucking around removing *nonfree on the other
machine, and then reinstalling it may account for the remaining message
I'm getting.

I guess that if I used the netinstall image I wouldn't have any issues.

I can test that if you'd like on one or both machines and report back.