:: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf please test and report issues with eudev-3.2.9-2 from unstable!
On Thursday 09 January 2020 at 21:25:51, 'smee via Dng wrote:

> > Does "aptitude why firmware-misc-nonfree" help?
>
> nothing other than itself listed after depends...
>
> "i firmware-linux-nonfree Depends firmware-misc-nonfree (= 20161130-
> 3)"

No, that's not itself :) Thats' "firmware-LINUX-nonfree" :)

> > How about "apt-cache policy firmware-misc-nonfree"
>
> firmware-misc-nonfree:
>   Installed: 20161130-3
>   Candidate: 20161130-3
>   Version table:
>  *** 20161130-3 100
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Okay, so you certainly have the latest installed.

> > or "aptitude reinstall firmware-misc-nonfree"?
>
> oddly aptitude says it can't find a source for the package that I have
> installed. I assume aptitude uses /etc/apt/sources.list so it should
> point to beowulf repo's by default.

This confirms that you don't have "non-free" in your sources.list file:

On Thursday 09 January 2020 at 21:24:51, Svante Signell via Dng wrote:

> Did you add non-free to your sources.list?
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main non-free

Regards,

Antony.

--
People who use Microsoft software should be certified.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.