:: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf…
Author: 'smee
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf please test and report issues with eudev-3.2.9-2 from unstable!
> Does "aptitude why firmware-misc-nonfree" help?

nothing other than itself listed after depends...

"i firmware-linux-nonfree Depends firmware-misc-nonfree (= 20161130-
3)"

> How about "apt-cache policy firmware-misc-nonfree"

firmware-misc-nonfree:
  Installed: 20161130-3
  Candidate: 20161130-3
  Version table:
 *** 20161130-3 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> or "aptitude reinstall firmware-misc-nonfree"?

oddly aptitude says it can't find a source for the package that I have
installed. I assume aptitude uses /etc/apt/sources.list so it should
point to beowulf repo's by default.

The following packages will be REINSTALLED:
firmware-misc-nonfree
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and
34 not upgraded.
E: Can't find a source to download version '20161130-3' of 'firmware-
misc-nonfree:amd64'
After unpacking 0 B will be used.
E: Can't find a source to download version '20161130-3' of 'firmware-
misc-nonfree:amd64'
E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download
E: Perhaps the package lists are out of date, please try 'aptitude
update' (or equivalent); otherwise some packages or versions are not
available from the current repository sources