:: Re: [DNG] Catching up (was Re: Resu…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: fsmithred
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Catching up (was Re: Result of the Debian vote 'General Resolution: Init systems and systemd')
Hi,

fsmithred via Dng writes:

> On 12/31/19 12:06 PM, Andrew McGlashan via Dng wrote:
>
>> So.... how long before we can expect to get stable release of Beowulf?
>> Is there a reasonable timeline available yet?
>
> About the only thing left to do is make the isos, and we're working on
> that. Meanwhile, upgrades from ascii seem to be pretty smooth.

Cool! But when making isos, just make sure openrc is included in the
netinst image. For ASCII, it wasn't, making openrc a non-option for
air-gapped installs.

Upgrading from a fresh, minimal (no recommends) ASCII install w/o any
extra software worked fine for me. If one is going to upgrade right
after the ASCII install anyway, not installing extra software during
the initial install saves you lots of bandwidth.

Hope this helps,