:: Re: [DNG] Fw: looking for a replace…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
CC: freemedia
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fw: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 07:03:13 +0100 (CET)
freemedia via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> ive admired your criticism of systemd for a long time:
> http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php/Librethreat_Database#Gratuitous_interdependency

The preceding is a very cool web page. I agree with everything on it
except (well crafted) COCs and Python3. Your coopting charities thing
is right on the money: When my kids were in second grade, their
elementary school told parents we'd have a presentation on computers in
school. The presentation turned out to be given by a Microsoft
employee, and was nothing but a Microsoft dog and pony show. I wrote
the principal later, and she wrote back and said that group wouldn't be
invited back next year.

I think given your definition of "Gratuitous Dependency", you should
rename it to "Predatory Interdependency". When I speak of "Gratuitous
Interdependency", I mean something regardless of intent, and therefore
include KDE as a culprit. I'd say Predatory Interdependency is a
subcategory of Gratuitous Interdependency. I never thought of this
until seeing your definition.

Framework Attack: I thought I was the only one offended. See
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/politics_of_dependencies.htm

You created a very informative and thought provoking web page. Thanks
freemedia!

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21