:: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry …
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry Pi images - How to fix corruption/dataloss
Hi all,

The Raspberry Pi is very frequency used with an SD Card which is
highly intolerant of frequent writes as these are limited. My first SD
Card became read only after about six weeks with Devuan running. Using
Raspbian, this issue did not repeat itself.

Needless to state, although it seems, it is actually needed for some
people, the Raspberry Pi is not a full blown server, although it can
be used by the hobbyist adolescent who wants to experiment and learn.

The suggested defaults in this thread will make Devuan even more
unuseable for the vast majority of use cases concerning the Raspberry
Pi.

For those who cannot affort brand new hardware, they can always opt to
use second hand hardware. If one wants a cheap computer/server, there
is absolutely no need to buy new or to buy the best of brands.

In short, trying defaults which assume an infinite number of disk
writes, is contrary to what a Raspberry Pi is.

Please, promote defaults that respect what a Raspberry Pi is.

Finally, Devuan's Image for Raspberry Pi did NOT DETECT my sound card
by IQaudIO atlhough the kernel modules were included in the image.