:: Re: [devuan-dev] Suggest fork of ap…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Suggest fork of apt
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:36:08PM +0200, Bardot Jérôme wrote:
> Do we have the man power to maintain a new fork ?
> Because more and more feature will be add in all software that used
> systemd.

I understand your concern. I had discuss this with some Devuan people
yet. The outcome is, that my modifications probably will not enter the
"official" Devuan distribution. Nevertheless I'll do that for my
personal reasons and will share all modified packages through
git.devuan.org.

In this situation "fork" might be a little bit strong word. In
most cases it is just a modification of the build options used
to build the package.

> I think we should open maybe automaticly open bug report because more
> upstream or needed are knows easiest for it will be.
>
> upstream -> debian -> devuan

I have to apologize, but I don't understand what you're trying to tell
me. In this particular case Debian itself is the upstream. As I have
written, I did file a bug indeed. It was rejected..

Cheers,
Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51