:: Re: [devuan-dev] Suggest fork of ap…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Suggest fork of apt
On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 06:40:27PM +1100, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> Certainly a good place to put it. As you have an account already, please
> create that project there. We'll then "promote" it to "devuan-projects"
> for the build pipeline soonish.

As menaced, here it is:

https://git.devuan.org/amesser/apt/commits/suites/beowulf-proposed

For testing I have prepared a repo with suites/beowulf-proposed
branch: I have taken over the Debian repo structure almost as is for now,
but prefixed the Debian tags with "debian/". (Skipped pushing
several unused branches at the moment)

Build files for gbp are updated with one open question from my side:
debian/gbp.conf has setting "export-dir = ../build-area". I'm not sure
if this will cause trouble with our build servers?

Systemd dependency is removed in build&control files and voilà:
apt, apt-get and aptitude run without libsystemd.so.0 presence
again.

BTW, everytime you look deeper, you find something more: apt now also depends
on udev (just for scanning for all available cdrom drives/removeable
drives) If it expects a file from a cdrom it will now mount each drive it finds
in turn until it finds a proper CD. Alternatively you can configure
it now to also try out all other attached removable devices
(usb-sticks...) to check for debian medium there. Thankfully it is
limited to cdrom by default. But probably something to watch for changes
in the future.

Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51