:: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Author: g4sra
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
No the intent is not to infest GNU/Linux with bugs.
RedHat's aims have not changed from when they first introduced SystemD
and they are achieving them on target which is why IBM bought in.

It is to become the only Distro regardless of name, in effect
the SystemD Operating System. Canonical had been angling for
the same thing for years with its "one interface for all devices"
with their push for total GUI control.

By forcing the same packages and package versions by tight integration
with SystemD (Apache2, BIND9, dhcpcd5, etc. etc.) then all Linux Distros
will fall into the scope of RedHat Support business model and make
everyone potential clients regardless of who the packager was.

I thought all this was public knowledge....

If developers continue to contribute to their packages after they
are absorbed by SystemD (instead of forking as Mysql/Mariadb
OpenOffice\LibreOffice did) then Redhat will win and GNU/Linux will
no longer be.

So Devs, this is one good reason NOT to submit patches to Debian.
Unfortunately, all the other Devs in the world not here either don't
care, or have a vested interest in (work for) IBM\Redhat.