:: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 20:42:01 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 18:01:11 +0300
> Dimitris via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > of similar crap.. (even did so for nazis.)
>
> Hi Dimitris,
>
> I'd like to ask you a favor. Could you please no longer mention the
> IBM->nazi connection?
>
> The IBM-nazi cooperation happened in the 1930's and 1940's, and isn't
> relevant to IBM's 2019 like or dislike of systemd or willingness or
> 2019 unwillingness to listen to letters. What making the nazi
> connection on the list is make things more inflammatory.
>
> Your point, which I believe is that it's hopeless to write letters to
> IBM, can be made without mentioning nazis.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Litt
> Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/key
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt

The facts with systemd is this. RedHat's business model is to sell
support for their OS. Only problem is that Linux is pretty stable on
it's own. No problems means no support money. That's why they must
replace a perfectly good init system that's worked perfectly for
multiple decades with something that's got over 1000 bugs in the
tracker alone and handles thing like dns resolution. This isn't even
about features. If it was they'd be using something like OpenRC which
does pretty much all the same process management systemd does without
all the RCEs and scope creep.

/ The moon may be smaller than Earth, but \
\ it's further away.                      /
\
 \
   /\   /\