:: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable are some ugly.
Anno domini 2019 Tue, 8 Oct 16:22:38 +0700
Андрей via Dng scripsit:
> Приветствую.
>

> В Wed, 2 Oct 2019 08:27:25 +0200, ты писал(а):
>
> > When you run something GTK-based, you need "subpixel auto",
> > "antialiasing minimum" and "bitmapfonts yes". If you use TDE, you can
> > use tcontrol and "subpixel yes", "subpixel ordering RGB",
> > "antialiasing myximum".
> >
> > GTK-based font rendering has gotten worse from GTK2 to GTK3, I think
> > they messed up suppixel rendering :/
>
> Thank you for the advice.
> I have in the version 2.13.1 of fontconfig-config package besides those
> you have enlisted yet one more option, that could be translated into
> english as "Fonts tunning" with availables options to choose from:
> native, autohinting and without. I use OpenBox with most GTK-based
> applications, do not know what TDE is, so i chose your advice on
> GTK-based fonts configuration. But that did not help, sorry. May, the
> reason is the mixed up fonts stuff in GTK3. So, if yet there are some
> work around on GTK3 fonts, then any ideas are welcome.

That's just a pitty. Font rendering was the main reason I dropped almost all GTK stuff (besides other usability problems) - just gimp stayed.

TDE is Trinity Desktop Environment, "the" fork from kde3 series. You find it here: http://trinitydesktop.org - works like a charm on devuan (all versions including ascii and buster).

Nik