:: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable are some ugly.
Anno domini 2019 Wed, 2 Oct 12:07:11 +0700
Андрей via Dng scripsit:
> Приветствую.
>

> A question on fonts in testing/unstable.
>
> To me, fonts in X session are as beatiful as it is in stable -- not
> thin, nor sharp. In case you have same beatiful fonts
> (as in stable) in testing/unstable, would you share with me your options
> that are shown by
>
> dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config
>
> like
>
> first screen, option 1 (from the top),
> second -- 2
> etc.
>
> ?
>
> I do cite here actual namings of the screens and options because it is
> not in english in my case.
>
> Or. may can give me another advice how i can return beatiful fonts in
> testing/unstable.

When you run something GTK-based, you need "subpixel auto", "antialiasing minimum" and "bitmapfonts yes".
If you use TDE, you can use tcontrol and "subpixel yes", "subpixel ordering RGB", "antialiasing myximum".

GTK-based font rendering has gotten worse from GTK2 to GTK3, I think they messed up suppixel rendering :/

Nik