:: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable…
Author: Андрей
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fonts in testing/unstable are some ugly.
Приветствую.

В Wed, 2 Oct 2019 08:27:25 +0200, ты писал(а):

> When you run something GTK-based, you need "subpixel auto",
> "antialiasing minimum" and "bitmapfonts yes". If you use TDE, you can
> use tcontrol and "subpixel yes", "subpixel ordering RGB",
> "antialiasing myximum".
>
> GTK-based font rendering has gotten worse from GTK2 to GTK3, I think
> they messed up suppixel rendering :/

Thank you for the advice.
I have in the version 2.13.1 of fontconfig-config package besides those
you have enlisted yet one more option, that could be translated into
english as "Fonts tunning" with availables options to choose from:
native, autohinting and without. I use OpenBox with most GTK-based
applications, do not know what TDE is, so i chose your advice on
GTK-based fonts configuration. But that did not help, sorry. May, the
reason is the mixed up fonts stuff in GTK3. So, if yet there are some
work around on GTK3 fonts, then any ideas are welcome.

Андрей.