:: Re: [DNG] Help to install LiLo to a…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help to install LiLo to a GPT HDD.
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 21:07:42 +0700, Андрей wrote in message
<20190822170724.7MkCOJob@???>:

> Приветствую.
>

> Please help to install LiLo to a GPT HDD.
>
> Situation: I move installed OS from one drive (DOS partition scheme)
> to another (3 TB, GPT partition scheme). The motherboard is old: BIOS,
> Athlon 3000+. I have created single 2.7 TiB partition on which did
> place the installed OS. Did mount to it /proc, /dev, /sys.
> Changed /etc/lilo.conf with boot and root parameters according
> to the new drieve IDs. ChRooted to it, typed lilo. LiLo gave only one
> warning, that the drive is not the first one.
>
> Result: BIOS tells me that the drive capasity is 801 GB instead of
> 3000. Well, for working as non bootable drive it worked alright.
> But booting from the new drive gives me L 99 99 99 ... error. -- The
> geometry problem, as i get it. And it halts booting.
>
> Now. From Slackware site i read,

..this?:
https://docs.slackware.com/howtos:slackware_admin:installing_with_gpt_without_uefi

> that it is possible to install LiLo
> on a GPT-HDD, but is not specified how, and as i remember, even,
> without an additional "technical" partition.
>
> So, how do i install LiLo so that it boots OS from the GPT-drive?

..https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Slackware+install+LiLo+on+a+GPT-HDD&ia=web
came up with the above link and these:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-uefi-lilo-4175656413/
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackware-uefi-lilo-4175656413/page2.html
https://linuxhint.com/install-slackware-linux/

..credible advice: Whenever a Slackware wizard recommends
making a boot usb etc medium, act on that recommendation.
https://docs.slackware.com/slackware:install

..this pxe setup recipe wizard is neat:
https://docs.slackware.com/slackware:pxe_install

..3 Slackware install play lists that should get you started:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikemurphycs/playlists

Scenarios always come in sets of three: