:: [DNG] Help to install LiLo to a GPT…
Author: Андрей
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Help to install LiLo to a GPT HDD.
Приветствую.

Please help to install LiLo to a GPT HDD.

Situation: I move installed OS from one drive (DOS partition scheme)
to another (3 TB, GPT partition scheme). The motherboard is old: BIOS,
Athlon 3000+. I have created single 2.7 TiB partition on which did
place the installed OS. Did mount to it /proc, /dev, /sys.
Changed /etc/lilo.conf with boot and root parameters according
to the new drieve IDs. ChRooted to it, typed lilo. LiLo gave only one
warning, that the drive is not the first one.

Result: BIOS tells me that the drive capasity is 801 GB instead of
3000. Well, for working as non bootable drive it worked alright.
But booting from the new drive gives me L 99 99 99 ... error. -- The
geometry problem, as i get it. And it halts booting.

Now. From Slackware site i read, that it is possible to install LiLo on
a GPT-HDD, but is not specified how, and as i remember, even, without
an additional "technical" partition.

So, how do i install LiLo so that it boots OS from the GPT-drive?

Андрей.